Around RowHouse this week...
Suppliers this week include Sacred Sun Farm Coop, Perry Kansas. The Fink's from North Topeka grew some of these Radishes, and I always have to give credit to Dave, the keeper of the RowHouse garden. The herbs this spring are filled with such brightness. It takes my breath away.
These last few weeks have really been a rebirth for us in the kitchen. I know you haven't seen me in the dining rooms much, but trust me that our kitchen has been producing some of the best plates we've done in years. This series of menus has been fun, challenging, and inspring.....I meant inspiring, but I'll keep that InSpring. (Thanks spellcheck)
Connection. That is what I considered as I approached this menu. First was Purity, meaning me getting out of the way of the food and letting their most simple preparation invite you in. Second was Growth because we added steps, just a few, the ingredients remained the same, but the flavors are evolved. Connection is about foods coming together to bring out the best of each other. Maybe unusual combinations marrying on the plates. It excites us, please enjoy!
Thanks for being here!
Our Mission is to Grow LOVE and spread it around the world.
RowHouse teamed up with Judith and Frank Sabatini this weekend to create an event called the Art of the Row. It was a magical afternoon and I'll post the menu on the menu's page of this sight a little later this week. I just wanted to Thank the Sabatini's outloud again!
Our menu May 6 -9, 2015... "Connection"
- Salad: Romaine, Cucumber, Fennel, Mint and Lime Vinaigrette
- Soup: Creamy Tomato Dill with Celery, Celery Seed, and Celery Leaves
- Vegetarian Entree: Avocado and Kiwi on Wonton Crisp with Micro Greens and Chives
- Entree 2: Seared Sea Scallops, Pickled Radishes, Smashed Peas
- Entree 3: Maple Braised Boneless Beef Spare Ribs and Carrots with Herbed Buttermilk Waffle
- Dessert: Sorbet with Shortbread Cookies
- Dessert: Lemon Pound Cake with Citrus Glaze
- Dessert: Blueberry Crumble with Whipped Cream
Our menu Apr 29 - May 2, 2015... "Growth"
- Salad: Arugula, Baby Kale, Pickled Beet's, Merlot Cheese, Red Onion, Orange Marmalade Vinaigrette
- Soup: Creamy Tomato Dill
- Vegetarian Entree: Goat's Cheese Polenta with Wild Mushroom, Thyme, and Rosemary Ragout
- Entree 2: Seared Mahi Mahi, Chive Vinaigrette, Radish Slaw
- Entree 3: Sliced Beef Tenderloin, Mashed Avocado, Succotash with Spring Garlic, New Potatoes, and Grape Tomatoes
- Dessert: Kiwi Sorbet with Shortbread Cookies
- Dessert: Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Dessert: Sea Salt and Cream Custard with Sauteed Bananas
Our menu Apr 22 - 25, 2015... "Purity"
- Salad: Quick Saute of Baby Spinach and Kale, Roasted Radishes, Lemon, Sea Salt
- Soup: Creamy Tomato Dill Bisque
- Vegetarian Entree: Roasted Local Asparagus with Sesame Seeds and Baked Goat's Cheese
- Entree 2: Seared Mahi Mahi, Kiwi Vinaigrette, Romaine and Chive Salad
- Entree 3: Sliced Beef Tenderloin, Sauteed Wild Mushrooms with Black Pepper, Cauliflower Puree
- Dessert: Mojito Sorbet with Shortbread Cookies
- Dessert: Pineapple Brulee with Pralines and Caramel
- Dessert: Banana Ice Cream
Dinner at RowHouse is $43 per person. Our Tasting menu includes a sampling of every item on our menu for the week. Please feel free to choose only one of the entrees and still enjoy the other courses. We are also happy to make portions more "modest" if you would like. We do our best to accommodate food allergies and dietary restrictions.
Please check our Summer Vacation and Holiday hours listed on the "About Us" page of this website
When making reservations please know the house has three levels and many unique dining rooms. The main floor is handicap accessible, but the top floor and garden level do have stairs. We try to honor table and floor request but are not always able to do so because of limited space for large groups. If you have a specific table or room you'd like, please let us know when making your reservation and we will do our best to make it happen. We are contantly looking for ways to make your evening with us even better. One of us is on staff at RowHouse Wednesday through Saturday from 2 pm to Close. We return calls Wednesday through Saturday in the order received.
We have a lovely winelist, Premium Liquors, awesome cocktails, and great beers.
Wine and Alcohol cannot be brought in to the restaurant as of April 1, 2011
Some of my local favorite places to eat.....
Some of my Favorite Places...
Tumptim Thai: I can't say enough good thing about their food. Yum!
The Blind Tiger: I come from beer people. This is good beer.
Chez Yazu: Beautiful, intimate and so French.
El Mezcal Topeka Boulevard: Staple: once a week at least.
The Celtic Fox: Give me a Smithwick's
Quniton's: Great sandwiches and an amazing tap selection. Love the new bistro burgers!
The Burger Stand: College Hill Area
Encore: Lawrence Secret: get the Vegan General Tsao's Chicken"
715: Lawrence - One of my favorite restaurants
Check out Greg's Food Blog on Cj Online
There is a regularly updated list of places I've loved while traveling on the menus page of this website.
HOLIDAY AND VACATION SCHEDULES
I opened RowHouse recognizing that to stay inspired, I had to schedule breaks to travel and renew. I want to be able to serve you for a long time to come, so please note that our breaks may sometimes be inconvenient, but in the end they save the day.
- January: We are always closed New Year's Day
- January: The week of Martin Luther King Jr Day we are closed Wednesday and Thursday, reopening for Friday and Saturday
- May: We are always closed the Saturday before Memorial Day
- June/July: We take an extended Summer Vacation the week that includes July 4th, and the following Wednesday and Thursday, reopening on the Friday and Saturday after the 4th
- September: We are always closed the Saturday before Labor Day
- November: We are closed Wednesday before Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving day, we re-open for our very popular "Tapas" menu for that Friday and Saturday
- December: We are always closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Also note, we are never open on Sundays. Private events can be scheduled on Monday and Tuesdays with the exception of any of the weeks or weekends listed previously.
- This schedule will increase as Greg's year's increase, Thanks for understanding