Around RowHouse this week...
I get my years mixed up time moves so quickly, but I'm pretty certain this is our 9th Annual Thanksgiving Day weekend Tapas menu. I looked back thru the menus past with hints of Michael, Bret, Adam, Amanda, Anna, Nikki, Abbey, and Ryan, and I must say I'm as excited now working with Forrest and Pablo as I have been thru all the others. All these great people have grown up around here and left a delicious and inspiring path. For the Tapas menu, we always do more, and yet try to keep things modest. Little bites of lots of different tastes. A bit Spanish, but rooted in our midwestern palette. It's always a busy fun weekend, filled with lots of out of town guests and lots of tasty surprises. I hope you'll join us! Cheers to the beginning of a love filled Holiday Season!
Have a great week, and Thanks for being here!
Our Mission is to Grow LOVE and spread it around the world.
Our Tapas menu Friday Nov 27, and Saturday Nov 28, 2015... Closed Nov 26 and Thanksgiving Nov 27
- First Bites: Manchego / Apples / Fennel / Toasted Almonds / Raw Honey
- Salad Trio: Mint, Parsley, and Grains / Eggplant, Tomato, and Ricotta / Chickpea, Cilantro, and Lemon
- Appetizer Bites: Butternut Squash, Fig, and Prosciutto / Goat Cheese, Chorizo, and Date / Red Pepper and Gouda Soup Shot
- Veggie Entree: Mushroom and Brie Croquette with Rosemary Bechamel
- Entree 2: Seared Ahi Tuna with Cucumber, Strawberry and Cardamom Salad
- Entree 3: Sugar Rubbed Pork Meat Ball with Red Cabbage Slaw
- Entree 4: Sliced Beef Tenderloin Kebob with Red Onion, Sweet Peppers, and Mint Pesto
- Dessert: Pistachio Creme Pie
- Dessert: Olive Oil Cake
- Dessert: Lavender Poached Plums
Our menu Dec 2 - 5, 2015...
- Salad: Baby Greens, Roasted Acorn Squash, Parmesan, Prosciutto, Pecans, Apple Cider Vinaigretted
- Soup: Creamy Tomato Dill
- Vegetarian Entree: Manchego Risotto Cake with Marinated Brussels Sprouts
- Entree 2: Seared Mahi Mahi, Sage Bechamel Sauce, Chestnuts, Parsnip and Pear Puree
- Entree 3: Sliced Beef Tenderloin, Apple Cider BBQ Glaze, Bacon, Winter Vegetable Succotash
- Dessert: Orange, Fig, and Cinnamon Spice Cake
- Dessert: Pistachio Crusted Caramel Ice Cream Bon Bons
- Dessert: Sorbet and Shortbread Cookie
Our menu Nov 18 - 21, 2015...
- Salad: Quinoa, Parsley, Cucumber, Kalamata Olives, Pepitos, Pomegranate Vinaigrette
- Soup: Split Pea, Kale, and Mint
- Vegetarian Entree: Sweet Potato Empanada with Lime Yogurt and Black Bean Salsa
- Entree 2: Orange and Dijon Glazed Jumbo Shrimp and Sea Scallop, Jicama and Carrot Slaw
- Entree 3: Sliced Beef Tenderloin, Roasted Tomato and Feta, Creamy Polenta
- Dessert: Butternut Squash Creme Brulee with Brandied Cherries
- Dessert: Chocolate Coconut Brownies
- Dessert: Sorbet and Shortbread Cookie
Dinner at RowHouse is $45 per person. Our Tasting menu includes a sampling of every item on our menu for the week. Please feel free to choose only one of the entrees and still enjoy the other courses. We are also happy to make portions more "modest" if you would like. We do our best to accommodate food allergies and dietary restrictions.
Please check our Summer Vacation and Holiday hours listed on the "About Us" page of this website
When making reservations please know the house has three levels and many unique dining rooms. The main floor is handicap accessible, but the top floor and garden level do have stairs. We try to honor table and floor request but are not always able to do so because of limited space for large groups. If you have a specific table or room you'd like, please let us know when making your reservation and we will do our best to make it happen. We are contantly looking for ways to make your evening with us even better. One of us is on staff at RowHouse Wednesday through Saturday from 2 pm to Close. We return calls Wednesday through Saturday in the order received.
We have a lovely winelist, Premium Liquors, awesome cocktails, and great beers.
Wine and Alcohol cannot be brought in to the restaurant as of April 1, 2011
Some of my local favorite places to eat.....
Some of my Favorite Places...
Tumptim Thai: I can't say enough good thing about their food. Yum!
The Blind Tiger: I come from beer people. This is good beer.
Chez Yazu: Beautiful, intimate and so French.
El Mezcal Topeka Boulevard: Staple: once a week at least.
The Celtic Fox: Give me a Smithwick's
Quniton's: Great sandwiches and an amazing tap selection. Love the new bistro burgers!
The Burger Stand: College Hill Area
Encore: Lawrence Secret: get the Vegan General Tsao's Chicken"
715: Lawrence - One of my favorite restaurants
Check out Greg's Food Blog on Cj Online
There is a regularly updated list of places I've loved while traveling on the menus page of this website.
HOLIDAY AND VACATION SCHEDULES
I opened RowHouse recognizing that to stay inspired, I had to schedule breaks to travel and renew. I want to be able to serve you for a long time to come, so please note that our breaks may sometimes be inconvenient, but in the end they save the day.
- January: We are always closed New Year's Day
- January: The week of Martin Luther King Jr Day we are closed Wednesday and Thursday, reopening for Friday and Saturday
- May: We are always closed the Saturday before Memorial Day
- June/July: We take an extended Summer Vacation the week that includes July 4th, and the following Wednesday and Thursday, reopening on the Friday and Saturday after the 4th
- September: We are always closed the Saturday before Labor Day
- November: We are closed Wednesday before Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving day, we re-open for our very popular "Tapas" menu for that Friday and Saturday
- December: We are always closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Also note, we are never open on Sundays. Private events can be scheduled on Monday and Tuesdays with the exception of any of the weeks or weekends listed previously.
- This schedule will increase as Greg's year's increase, Thanks for understanding