The menu at RowHouse changes weekly.
Our menus are based on the season, what's available, and of course our current cravings. I am inspired by Kansas, by my upbringing, and by the many great women in my family who fed me all these years. You always find a taste of where I am from in my cooking.
If you are new to RowHouse, the menu is always the same set up, meaning the number of courses. There is always a Salad, Soup, 3 Entrees (one is always vegetarian), and 3 desserts. We are always happy to work with dietary restrictions.
Our menu Nov 19 - 22, 2014
- Salad: Romaine, Kale, Roasted Squash, Parmesan, Polenta Croutons, Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- Soup: Sweet Potato and Carrot with Ginger and Chive Cream
- Vegetarian Entree: Chickpea Fritter, Cucumber, Yogurt, and Dill
- Entree 2: Feta Crusted Salmon, Caper Vinaigrette, Sauteed Zucchini, Mint
- Entree 3: Sliced Beef, Parsley and Citrus Chimichurri, Dried Fruit Caponata
- Dessert: Red Wine and Pear Upside Down Cake
- Dessert: Nutmeg Creme Brulee with Dried Apricot
- Dessert: Lemon Almond Macaroon
Our Tapas menu Nov 28 & 29, 2014 (RowHouse is NOT open Wednesday the 26 or Thanksgiving Day Thursday Nov 27)
- First Bites: Pear Soup with Bleu Cheese / Roasted Red Pepper and Goat's Cheese / Ham, Mancego, and Arugula
- With Bread: White Bean Puree / Olive Tapenade
- Vegetable: Roasted Fennel with Honey and Chive / Marinated Feta Cheese / Cucumber and Red Onion Salad
- Seafood: Apricot Glazed Shrimp / Bacon Wrapped Scallop / Cilantro Rice / Black Beans / Corn Tortilla / Fruit Salsa
- Meat: Boneless Beef Spare Ribs / Pork Meat Ball / Patatas Bravas / Kale with Mushrooms, Panko, and Parmesan
- Dessert: Maple Crema Catalana
- Dessert: Sliced Pear with Bleu Cheese and Honey
- Dessert: Fruit and Nut Cookies
Dinner at RowHouse is $43 per person. Our Tasting menu includes a sampling of every item on our menu for the week. Please feel free to choose only one of the entrees and still enjoy the other courses. We are also happy to make portions more "modest" if you would like. We do our best to accommodate food allergies and dietary restrictions.
Places we've been loving and eating........
- Etch, Nashville, Tn. Masterful, one of my favorite dining experiences of my life to date!
also from our last trip to Nashville....
Kansas City new favorite...
- Anton's Tap Room, 16th and Main. Unexpectedly Creative, cool, and delicious. I loved every meaty bite. Make sure you go see the Hydroponics near the bathrooms and look around the whole place. weird, and awesome.
Los Angeles, Ca. January 2013...
- Granville. Burbank, Ca. Loved it!
- Malbec. Toluca Lake, Los Angeles. Argentinian Food. Awesome
- Zinc. Laguna Beach, Ca. Light, Fresh, and Tasty. Thanks Jonah!
Nashville: Amanda and Anna's Food Adventure. Oct 2012
- Marche: Delicious Neighborhood Brunch
- Broadway BrewHouse & Mojo Grill: Wings, Beer, Happy
- The Greenhouse: Unique, Chill, Hangout
- Mafiaozas: Good Pizza, College Vibe
- Noshville: Yummy 50's Style Diner
- AM@FM: Tasty Snacks @ the Market
- Wild Cow: Friendly, Delicious, Vegan
- City House: Inspiring, Innovative, Memorable
- Jenis (Ice Cream): By the Bucketful
- Frothy Monkey: Happy, Mellow, Coffeehouse
- Las Paletas: Weird, Delicious, Popsicles
- Silly Goose: Tasty, Hip, Local Lunch
- I Dream of Weenie: Best Weenery in the South
- Urban Grub: Creative Southern Comfort
- Cha Cha: Cozy, Unique, Value
- Jackson's: Fried Cookie Dough Eggroll
Food Highlights, NYC... July 2012
Boston, Mass. July 2012
Ogunquit, Maine. July 2012
Nashville, Tennessee . April 2012
- Margot - My favorite restaurant ever, hands down. Nashville, Tn
- Virago - Cool, Trendy, Delicious. Nashville, Tn
- Hutton Hotel - Wow. This place made me feel like a movie star. Nashville, TN
- Boscos - Brewery with great menu in a an awesome neighborhood. Nashville, TN
- Green Door Gourmet - Farm to table. Worth a visit, a long visit. Cheers Farmer Sylvia. Nashville, TN
- Calypso Cafe - My never miss, comfort food spot. Nashville, TN
- Frothy Monkey - Hipsterville, and worth the trip
- Flyte - Innovative, Comfortable, and another one not to miss, Nashville, TN
- Broadway Brewhouse and Mojo Grill - MOJO WINGS. mmmmmmm, Nashville, TN
- Rose Pepper - You must have one of their margaritas, Nashville, TN
- Sunset Grill - Nashville Standard. Habenero Butterscotch Bread Pudding = YUM, Nashville, TN
- Watermark - Eat in the bar area, and you must visit the rooftop garden
Los Angeles, Ca. Jan 2012
- Marix, Movie star delicious, Los Angeles, Ca
- Hugos, I dream of the vegan Nachos, Los Angeles, Ca
- Tequilas, taste just like home, Los Angeles, Ca
Kansas City Favorites
- Farmhouse, YOU MUST GO HERE. Kansas City, Mo
- Fo Thai, Unbelievable. Leawood, Ks
- Tannin Wine Bar and Kitchen, Value, Cool, Checks all the boxes. Kansas City, Mo
- La Bodega, We had a great time. Leawood, Ks.
- Ponak’s Mexican Kitchen, Perfection in my eyes, Kansas City, Mo
- Cafe Gratitude. Wow Wow Wow