The menu at RowHouse changes weekly.
Our menus are based on the season, what's available, and of course our current cravings. I am inspired by Kansas, by my upbringing, and by the many great women in my family who fed me all these years. You always find a taste of where I am from in my cooking.
If you are new to RowHouse, the menu is always the same set up, meaning the number of courses. There is always a Salad, Soup, 3 Entrees (one is always vegetarian), and 3 desserts. We are always happy to work with dietary restrictions..
Our Tapas menu Friday Nov 27, and Saturday Nov 28, 2015... Closed Nov 26 and Thanksgiving Nov 27
- First Bites: Manchego / Apples / Fennel / Toasted Almonds / Raw Honey
- Salad Trio: Mint, Parsley, and Grains / Eggplant, Tomato, and Ricotta / Chickpea, Cilantro, and Lemon
- Appetizer Bites: Butternut Squash, Fig, and Prosciutto / Goat Cheese, Chorizo, and Date / Red Pepper and Gouda Soup Shot
- Veggie Entree: Mushroom and Brie Croquette with Rosemary Bechamel
- Entree 2: Seared Ahi Tuna with Cucumber, Strawberry and Cardamom Salad
- Entree 3: Sugar Rubbed Pork Meat Ball with Red Cabbage Slaw
- Entree 4: Sliced Beef Tenderloin Kebob with Red Onion, Sweet Peppers, and Mint Pesto
- Dessert: Pistachio Creme Pie
- Dessert: Olive Oil Cake
- Dessert: Lavender Poached Plums
Our menu Dec 2 - 5, 2015...
- Salad: Baby Greens, Roasted Acorn Squash, Parmesan, Prosciutto, Pecans, Apple Cider Vinaigretted
- Soup: Creamy Tomato Dill
- Vegetarian Entree: Manchego Risotto Cake with Marinated Brussels Sprouts
- Entree 2: Seared Mahi Mahi, Sage Bechamel Sauce, Chestnuts, Parsnip and Pear Puree
- Entree 3: Sliced Beef Tenderloin, Apple Cider BBQ Glaze, Bacon, Winter Vegetable Succotash
- Dessert: Orange, Fig, and Cinnamon Spice Cake
- Dessert: Pistachio Crusted Caramel Ice Cream Bon Bons
- Dessert: Sorbet and Shortbread Cookie
Our menu Nov 18 - 21, 2015...
- Salad: Quinoa, Parsley, Cucumber, Kalamata Olives, Pepitos, Pomegranate Vinaigrette
- Soup: Split Pea, Kale, and Mint
- Vegetarian Entree: Sweet Potato Empanada with Lime Yogurt and Black Bean Salsa
- Entree 2: Orange and Dijon Glazed Jumbo Shrimp and Sea Scallop, Jicama and Carrot Slaw
- Entree 3: Sliced Beef Tenderloin, Roasted Tomato and Feta, Creamy Polenta
- Dessert: Butternut Squash Creme Brulee with Brandied Cherries
- Dessert: Chocolate Coconut Brownies
- Dessert: Sorbet and Shortbread Cookie
Dinner at RowHouse is $45 per person. Our Tasting menu includes a sampling of every item on our menu for the week. Please feel free to choose only one of the entrees and still enjoy the other courses. We are also happy to make portions more "modest" if you would like. We do our best to accommodate food allergies and dietary restrictions.
Places we've been loving and eating........
Highlights from Las Vegas March 2014. The food scene was exceptional. Our stay downtown brought us close to lots of local hang outs. You can click on these links. Three standouts...Park on Fremont - really cool looking and really delicious snacks, La Comida - downtown chic. Awesome interior and again, the bites we tried were outstanding. My new favorite place, delivering perfect 10's on service, and food, is a place on Carson Street also downtown - eat. They are only open for breakfast and lunch and it reminded me of a way hipper version of a brunch spot I used to work at a million years ago in New York City. Pancakes, Cornbeef Hash, Truffled egg sandwiches, home fried potatoes, were all outstanding. The thing that really impressed all over Vegas with the attentiveness of the staff. I was blown away.
We ate well in Los Angeles and Vicinity. A couple new favorite places for me. The Federal Bar delivered this Seared Ahi Tuna Crudo that now ranks as one of my favorite bites. Tony's Darts Away got to me with their Vegan Chicken Wings.....I KNOW...WHAT? But I devoured them, and this was my second lunch of the day. Whitney and Marshal showed us around Dreamworks who also fed us well. I can't leave out Aunt Jeanie's Chocolate Cherry cake with the Boiled Sugar Chocolate Frosting. MMMMMMMMMMMMM. Love to California and all the Kansas's we visit out there! Miss them already.
- Etch, Nashville, Tn. Masterful, one of my favorite dining experiences of my life to date!
also from our last trip to Nashville....
Kansas City new favorite...
- Anton's Tap Room, 16th and Main. Unexpectedly Creative, cool, and delicious. I loved every meaty bite. Make sure you go see the Hydroponics near the bathrooms and look around the whole place. weird, and awesome.
Los Angeles, Ca. January 2013...
- Granville. Burbank, Ca. Loved it!
- Malbec. Toluca Lake, Los Angeles. Argentinian Food. Awesome
- Zinc. Laguna Beach, Ca. Light, Fresh, and Tasty. Thanks Jonah!
Nashville: Amanda and Anna's Food Adventure. Oct 2012
- Marche: Delicious Neighborhood Brunch
- Broadway BrewHouse & Mojo Grill: Wings, Beer, Happy
- The Greenhouse: Unique, Chill, Hangout
- Mafiaozas: Good Pizza, College Vibe
- Noshville: Yummy 50's Style Diner
- AM@FM: Tasty Snacks @ the Market
- Wild Cow: Friendly, Delicious, Vegan
- City House: Inspiring, Innovative, Memorable
- Jenis (Ice Cream): By the Bucketful
- Frothy Monkey: Happy, Mellow, Coffeehouse
- Las Paletas: Weird, Delicious, Popsicles
- Silly Goose: Tasty, Hip, Local Lunch
- I Dream of Weenie: Best Weenery in the South
- Urban Grub: Creative Southern Comfort
- Cha Cha: Cozy, Unique, Value
- Jackson's: Fried Cookie Dough Eggroll
Food Highlights, NYC... July 2012
Boston, Mass. July 2012
Ogunquit, Maine. July 2012
Nashville, Tennessee . April 2012
- Margot - My favorite restaurant ever, hands down. Nashville, Tn
- Virago - Cool, Trendy, Delicious. Nashville, Tn
- Hutton Hotel - Wow. This place made me feel like a movie star. Nashville, TN
- Boscos - Brewery with great menu in a an awesome neighborhood. Nashville, TN
- Green Door Gourmet - Farm to table. Worth a visit, a long visit. Cheers Farmer Sylvia. Nashville, TN
- Calypso Cafe - My never miss, comfort food spot. Nashville, TN
- Frothy Monkey - Hipsterville, and worth the trip
- Flyte - Innovative, Comfortable, and another one not to miss, Nashville, TN
- Broadway Brewhouse and Mojo Grill - MOJO WINGS. mmmmmmm, Nashville, TN
- Rose Pepper - You must have one of their margaritas, Nashville, TN
- Sunset Grill - Nashville Standard. Habenero Butterscotch Bread Pudding = YUM, Nashville, TN
- Watermark - Eat in the bar area, and you must visit the rooftop garden
Los Angeles, Ca. Jan 2012
- Marix, Movie star delicious, Los Angeles, Ca
- Hugos, I dream of the vegan Nachos, Los Angeles, Ca
- Tequilas, taste just like home, Los Angeles, Ca
Kansas City Favorites
- Farmhouse, YOU MUST GO HERE. Kansas City, Mo
- Fo Thai, Unbelievable. Leawood, Ks
- Tannin Wine Bar and Kitchen, Value, Cool, Checks all the boxes. Kansas City, Mo
- La Bodega, We had a great time. Leawood, Ks.
- Ponak’s Mexican Kitchen, Perfection in my eyes, Kansas City, Mo
- Cafe Gratitude. Wow Wow Wow