The menu at RowHouse changes weekly.
Our menus are based on the season, what's available, and of course our current cravings. I am inspired by Kansas, by my upbringing, and by the many great women in my family who fed me all these years. You always find a taste of where I am from in my cooking.
If you are new to RowHouse, the menu is always the same set up, meaning the number of courses. There is always a Salad, Soup, 3 Entrees (one is always vegetarian), and 3 desserts. We are always happy to work with dietary restrictions.
Our menu Apr 1 - 4, 2015...
- Salad: Baby Kale, Arugula, Blue Cheese, Spiced Pecans, Blueberry Vinaigrette
- Soup: Tomato Dill
- Vegetarian Entree: Ricotta Fritters with Herb Pesto and Red Pepper Puree
- Entree 2: Panko Crusted Mahi Mahi, Thyme Butter Sauce, Carrots and Lima Beans
- Entree 3: Sliced Beef Tenderloin, Balsamic BBQ Sauce, Smashed Root Vegetables, Parsley
- Dessert: Berry Sorbet with Shortbread
- Dessert: Vanilla Creme Brulee with Phyllo Crust
- Dessert: French Chocolate Cake with Orange Glaze and Zest
Our menu Mar 25 - 28, 2015... From Chef Abby Squires
- Salad: Baby Greens, Mango, Toasted Pine nuts, Feta, Kiwi Vinaigrette
- Soup: Pickled Cucumber and Radish Gazpacho
- Vegetarian Entree: Sweet Corn and Pepperjack Cheese Pancakes with Chili Aioli and Poblano Peppers
- Entree 2: Spice Rubbed Mahi Mahi, Cabbage and Romaine Slaw, Crispy Tortilla, Lime Rice
- Entree 3: Sliced Beef Tenderloin, Spicy Black Beans, Tomato and Pepper Salsa
- Dessert: Margarita Sorbet with Shortbread Cookie
- Dessert: Tres Leche Cake
- Dessert: Chocolate and Coconut Empanada
Our menu Mar 18 - 21, 2015...
- Salad: Baby Greens, Oranges, Roasted Beet, Goat's Cheese, Citrus Vinaigrette
- Soup: Potato, Corn, and Chives
- Vegetarian Entree: Pan Fried Edamame and Garbanzo Bean Taco with Pickled Slaw
- Entree 2: Seared Salmon, Lemon and Caper Butter Sauce, Asparagus
- Entree 3: Pepper and Parsley Rubbed Beef Tenderloin, Herb Vinaigrette, Maple Glazed Carrots
- Dessert: Peach and Champagne Sorbet with Shortbread Cookies
- Dessert: Cappuccino Creme Brulee with Phyllo Crust
- Dessert: Zucchini Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
Our menu Mar 11 - 14, 2015...
- Salad: Baby Greens, Parmesan Crisps, Craisins, Sherry Vinegar and Roasted Shallot Dressing
- Soup: Creamy Cauliflower and Celery Root with Kale Pesto and Granny Smith Apples
- Vegetarian Entree: Edamame and Garbanzo Bean Slider. Avocado Aioli, Horseradish Mustard, Apricot Ketchup
- Entree 2: Lemon and Garlic Roasted Shrimp with Tomato, Pepper, and Pineapple Stir Fry
- Entree 3: Boneless Beef Spareribs "Tangine" (Slow Braised with Moroccan Spices and Dried Fruits), Cornmeal and Parmesan Waffle, Sauteed Spinach
- Dessert: Raspberry Grand Marnier Sorbet with Shortbread Cookies
- Dessert: Chocolate Mint Brownies
- Dessert: Banana Cream Pie with Nut Crust
Our menu Mar 4 - 7, 2015...
- Salad: Red and White Cabbage, Romaine, Cilantro, Sesame Seeds, Green Onion Vinaigrette
- Soup: Vegetable and Noodle
- Vegetarian Entree: Frittata with Zucchini, Feta, and Capers
- Entree 2: Seared Sea Scallops, Citrus and Fennel Salsa, Almond Basmati Rice
- Entree 3: Beef Tenderloin, Honey and Stone Ground Mustard Glaze, Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Dessert: Lemonade Sorbet with Shortbread
- Dessert: Vegan Cookie of the Day
- Dessert: Gluten Free Cookie of the Day
Our menu Feb 18 -21, 2015...
- Salad: Kale, Romaine, English Cucumbers, Feta, Parsley and Mint Vinaigrette
- Soup: Creamy Tomato Dill
- Vegetarian Entree: Celery Root and Sweet Potato Latkes, Cinnamon Poached Apple Compote, Sour Cream
- Entree 2: Coconut Crusted Mahi Mahi, Orange Cream Sauce, Carrot Puree
- Entree 3: Beef Tenderloin, Syrah and Rosemary Syrup, New Potato and Kale Succotash
- Dessert: Sorbet with Shortbread Cookies
- Dessert: Peanut Butter Cream Pie with Chopped Peanuts and Graham
- Dessert: French Chocolate Cake with Berry Coulis
Our menu Feb 4 - 7, 2015...
- Salad: Kale, Romaine, Mint, Red Onion, Peanut Vinaigrette
- Soup: Butternut Squash with Curry, Ginger, and Cilantro
- Vegetarian Entree: Celery Root and Sweet Pepper Pot Sticker, Carrot Slaw, Raisin Compote
- Entree 2: Sesame Seed Crusted Mahi Mahi, Stir Fried Cabbage and Snap Peas, Green Onion and Orange
- Entree 3: Boneless Korean Spiced Beef Shortribs, Wasabi Whipped Sweet Potato, Radish and Cilantro Salad
- Dessert: Celery and Basil Sorbet with Shortbread Cookie
- Dessert: Citrus Creme Brulee with Plum Jam
- Dessert: Almond Cupcakes with Green Tea Glaze
Our menu Jan 28 - 31, 2015...
- Salad: Kale, Romaine, Bleu Cheese, Candied Pecans, Blueberry Vinaigrette
- Soup: Cream of Fennel and Celery with Roasted Leeks
- Vegetarian Entree: Butternut Squash and Gouda Cheese Polenta with Rosemary Mushroom Stew
- Entree 2: Cajun Spiced Shrimp, Brussels Sprouts Slaw, Green Onion Vinaigrette
- Entree 3: Balsamic BBQ Glazed Beef, Smashed Red Potatoes, Sauteed Greens
- Dessert: Raspberry and Peach Sorbet with Shortbread Cookies
- Dessert: Poppyseed Cupcake with Lemon Icing
- Dessert: Vanilla Cream Pie with Whiskey Caramel, Toasted Graham Crackers
Dinner at RowHouse is $43 per person. Our Tasting menu includes a sampling of every item on our menu for the week. Please feel free to choose only one of the entrees and still enjoy the other courses. We are also happy to make portions more "modest" if you would like. We do our best to accommodate food allergies and dietary restrictions.
Places we've been loving and eating........
We ate well in Los Angeles and Vicinity. A couple new favorite places for me. The Federal Bar delivered this Seared Ahi Tuna Crudo that now ranks as one of my favorite bites. Tony's Darts Away got to me with their Vegan Chicken Wings.....I KNOW...WHAT? But I devoured them, and this was my second lunch of the day. Whitney and Marshal showed us around Dreamworks who also fed us well. I can't leave out Aunt Jeanie's Chocolate Cherry cake with the Boiled Sugar Chocolate Frosting. MMMMMMMMMMMMM. Love to California and all the Kansas's we visit out there! Miss them already.
- Etch, Nashville, Tn. Masterful, one of my favorite dining experiences of my life to date!
also from our last trip to Nashville....
Kansas City new favorite...
- Anton's Tap Room, 16th and Main. Unexpectedly Creative, cool, and delicious. I loved every meaty bite. Make sure you go see the Hydroponics near the bathrooms and look around the whole place. weird, and awesome.
Los Angeles, Ca. January 2013...
- Granville. Burbank, Ca. Loved it!
- Malbec. Toluca Lake, Los Angeles. Argentinian Food. Awesome
- Zinc. Laguna Beach, Ca. Light, Fresh, and Tasty. Thanks Jonah!
Nashville: Amanda and Anna's Food Adventure. Oct 2012
- Marche: Delicious Neighborhood Brunch
- Broadway BrewHouse & Mojo Grill: Wings, Beer, Happy
- The Greenhouse: Unique, Chill, Hangout
- Mafiaozas: Good Pizza, College Vibe
- Noshville: Yummy 50's Style Diner
- AM@FM: Tasty Snacks @ the Market
- Wild Cow: Friendly, Delicious, Vegan
- City House: Inspiring, Innovative, Memorable
- Jenis (Ice Cream): By the Bucketful
- Frothy Monkey: Happy, Mellow, Coffeehouse
- Las Paletas: Weird, Delicious, Popsicles
- Silly Goose: Tasty, Hip, Local Lunch
- I Dream of Weenie: Best Weenery in the South
- Urban Grub: Creative Southern Comfort
- Cha Cha: Cozy, Unique, Value
- Jackson's: Fried Cookie Dough Eggroll
Food Highlights, NYC... July 2012
Boston, Mass. July 2012
Ogunquit, Maine. July 2012
Nashville, Tennessee . April 2012
- Margot - My favorite restaurant ever, hands down. Nashville, Tn
- Virago - Cool, Trendy, Delicious. Nashville, Tn
- Hutton Hotel - Wow. This place made me feel like a movie star. Nashville, TN
- Boscos - Brewery with great menu in a an awesome neighborhood. Nashville, TN
- Green Door Gourmet - Farm to table. Worth a visit, a long visit. Cheers Farmer Sylvia. Nashville, TN
- Calypso Cafe - My never miss, comfort food spot. Nashville, TN
- Frothy Monkey - Hipsterville, and worth the trip
- Flyte - Innovative, Comfortable, and another one not to miss, Nashville, TN
- Broadway Brewhouse and Mojo Grill - MOJO WINGS. mmmmmmm, Nashville, TN
- Rose Pepper - You must have one of their margaritas, Nashville, TN
- Sunset Grill - Nashville Standard. Habenero Butterscotch Bread Pudding = YUM, Nashville, TN
- Watermark - Eat in the bar area, and you must visit the rooftop garden
Los Angeles, Ca. Jan 2012
- Marix, Movie star delicious, Los Angeles, Ca
- Hugos, I dream of the vegan Nachos, Los Angeles, Ca
- Tequilas, taste just like home, Los Angeles, Ca
Kansas City Favorites
- Farmhouse, YOU MUST GO HERE. Kansas City, Mo
- Fo Thai, Unbelievable. Leawood, Ks
- Tannin Wine Bar and Kitchen, Value, Cool, Checks all the boxes. Kansas City, Mo
- La Bodega, We had a great time. Leawood, Ks.
- Ponak’s Mexican Kitchen, Perfection in my eyes, Kansas City, Mo
- Cafe Gratitude. Wow Wow Wow